What kind of knowledge is displayed in the personal feed?
After defining the professional fields you’re interested in, your personal feed will display professional knowledge that is relevant to you through two main types of content in the current version, and three in the next version of PROCOMZO:
Insights: Insights and ideas shared by experts that are relevant to your field of expertise.
Questions: Questions and professional issues that may interest you, which you can learn from or choose to answer in return for IQ points.
Learning objects: Procedures, lessons learned, tips and recommendations, innovative ideas, successes, work processes and more.
How are IQ points calculated?
Your reputation points, or IQ points, represent both the amount of professional knowledge you have shared (whether by sharing an insight or answering a question), and the quality of this shared knowledge.
Therefore, IQ points consist of two grades:
- A quantitative grade, which is calculated by a simple summation of the number of insights and answers you have shared (from 0 to infinity)
- A quality grade, which is calculated according to the average grade you have been given by other users on your insights and answers (grades are between 5 and 10)
For instance, John uses PROCOMZO and has shared 6 insights and answered 3 questions. The grades he’s received on his insights are 9,8,7,8,9,7 and the grades he’s received on his answers are 10, 5 and 10. Therefore John has 9 IQ points with an 8.11 grade.
*In order to maintain a high level of content, PROCOMZO will not display shared knowledge that has received low grades. An answer to a question or an insight that has received an average grade lower than 5 will not be displayed and will not count towards the user’s overall IQ grade.
How do I phrase a good professional insight?
An insight is a conclusion or lesson that will help others avoid a mistake or maintain success.
A quality insight consists of the following components:
Background: in what situation, process or activity did you discover the insight you’re sharing?
Recommendation: what are you recommending to do or not to do?
Relevance: where, when or with whom should this knowledge be used?
Rational: why is this insight essential? In other words, what will this prevent or enable one to do?
Example: a practical one, of course.
* In order to help you write a concise insight, we have limited the number of characters for an insight to up to 100 characters for a title, and 5,000 characters in the body. In addition to the text, you are welcome to add links and files.
Who can access these insights and questions?
The default in the insight/question distribution process is that it is shown to people in your field of expertise. However, in the insight/question form you can change this default and choose to ask the question or deliver the insight to users from other selected fields of expertise, or even all fields.
How is a new insight displayed in the platform?
- Every new insight on the platform is displayed along with a ‘NEW’ tag for as long as it has yet to be ranked by at least 5 different users.
- In cases where the average grade of the insight is lower than 5, the insight will not be displayed to users and the writer will receive a notification regarding this.
- If the average grade from the first 5 reviewers is higher than 5 points of out 10, the quality IQ grade of the author is updated and displayed.
Why can't I see the details of the user who wrote an insight?
In order to maintain a high professional level of content displayed to users, it is imperative that the decision to grade an insight be based on the content alone, and not on any preconceptions regarding the author. Only after the ranking has been updated will the author’s details be displayed, allowing you to display other items by the same author, or add him or her to your list of ‘Gurus’.
How is a new question (Open Question) displayed on the platform?
A question can receive up to 3 answers from 3 different users. Therefore, a new question that has been added to the platform appears with a ‘NEW’ tag and is defined as an ‘Open Question’ until it receives 3 answers. After the 3 answers have been received, the question is closed and the author ranks the answers he or she received.
I asked a question and received answers but they aren't satisfactory. What can I do?
You can resubmit a Closed Question or even an Open Question by changing its phrasing or to whom it is distributed in order to increase your chances of receiving a satisfactory answer. You would resubmit these questions as new questions.
I submitted a question and received my desired answer. What should I do to keep other experts from unnecessarily spending time answering my question?
If you submit a question and receive the answer you’re looking for, you can close the question even if it has only received one or two answers.
How is a new user displayed on the platform?
A new user is displayed with a NEW USER tag until he or she accumulates at least 3 quantitative IQ points.
What's so special about PROCOMZO?
PROCOMZO is a unique platform where users share and manage professional knowledge in a number of disciplines. This allows users to find effective solutions for professional issues, and to broaden their horizons by acquiring new knowledge within their own fields of expertise as well as outside of them.
In addition, PROCOMZO allows each user to accumulate IQ reputation points which are designed to represent his or her professional level and experience, as rated by other experts.
The platform has a number of unique mechanisms:
- Content distribution mechanism: Based on a unique algorithm, PROCOMZO displays objective, relevant, reliable and validated items, based on the wisdom of the crowd.
- Multidisciplinary mechanism: The platform brings the collective knowledge of different disciplines together and has the power to provide each user with new, reliable and high-quality knowledge related to their professional fields and interests.
- Reputation accumulation mechanism: This reward-based mechanism encourages users to share their professional knowledge and insights.
- Knowledge monitoring mechanism: This mechanism ensures that content is always of the highest professional quality, capable of enhancing each user’s experience.